Research Associate III
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- A temporary position is available in the Department of Early Discovery Biochemistry in Research.
- The temporary Research Associate will develop engineered mammalian cell lines for testing functional and therapeutic relevance of post-translational modifications of interest.
- Necessary skills would include use of modern gene editing methods and generation and characterization of stable cell lines.
- Experience with small-molecule MOA studies and an appreciation for protein structure-function questions would be plusses.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have strong experimental skills in molecular biology and cell culture and must be capable of working independently, designing appropriate processes and interpreting data.
- Must have extensive experience working in a research environment.
- The candidate must have at least a BS/MS degree in biochemistry or molecular biology coupled with substantive molecular biology laboratory experience.