Research Associate II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- A temp position in the early stage cell culture department in Process Sciences.
- The candidate will be working as a part of a team that focuses on mammalian cell protein expression and product cell line development.
- The successful candidate will contribute to the development and utilization of analytical methods for the characterization of synthetic small molecule therapeutics.
- Operate and maintain multiple instruments including HPLC, LC/MS for compound identification and purity determination, Tecan robot for high throughput sample preparation, LCMSMS for high throughput quantitative analysis, GCMS for compound characterization, PLM for form characterization, and counter ion determination would be needed.
- Also, experiences with solubility assays, stability assays, LogD determination, high throughput analysis and CLND analysis would be helpful.
- This candidate must be high flexible to handle urgent analytical request and to perform multiple laboratory duties.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Team Oriented, dependable, self-starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- At least 6 months lab experience, preferably in a testing environment.
- Able to apply analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of assay data and assay performance.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with immunoassays preferred. Clinical lab experience and GLP/GCP knowledge a plus.
- Excellent skills in analytical instrumentation and lab equipment, such asHPLC,MS, LCMS, LCMSMS.
- Hands on experience in operating instrument and software, such as ChemStation, Analyst, MassLynx, Tiamo, Chromeleon, and MS office.
- Excellent skills in high throughput quantitative analysis.
- Experiences in instrument maintenance and instrument trouble shooting.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn.
- Must be highly motivated team player and work well with others with good communication skills.
- The candidate must have BS/MS degree in chemistry or biochemistry.
- Preferably 3+ years’ experience in analytical chemistry in pharmaceutical industry Good knowledge with organic chemistry and physiochemical property determination of small molecules.