Research Associate II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- As part of an automation group, the contractor will optimize, validate, and conduct biochemical assays to characterize reagents and potential therapeutics.
- This individual will also test, operate, and maintain automated instruments including liquid handling systems, plate readers, and fully automated systems.
- He/she may also manage a collection of peptides.
- Practical experience in optimizing and conducting biochemical assays in microplate format is required.
- Familiarity with operation and maintenance of automated instrumentation is desired.
- Good communication skills, ability to work well as part of a team, and strong organizational skills are required.
- A logical approach coupled with careful attention to detail will be beneficial.
- The candidate must have bachelor's degree in biochemistry or related field, preferably with 3+ years relevant experience in industry.