Research Associate II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- A temp position in Antibody Discovery Group of Antibody Engineering Department.
- The candidate must be scientifically driven and will perform and handling various projects forcusing on hight throughput screening assays (ELISA and FACS), tissue culture and data anlysis.
- Qualified candidate should have proven ability to execute and interpret variety of experiments and solving problem rapidly.
- The person in this position will also frequently interact and communicate with other collablrators to present the results in various forums.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented, dependable, self starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction. At least 3 years lab experience in Immunology or Cell biology research from academic or biotech industry.
- Able to apply handling cells and cell based assay skills and good at FACS analysis.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent skills in organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn.
- Must be good at troubleshooting and keen attention to details.
- Good computer skills and analysis software skills such as Diva, CellQuest and FlowJo.
- Must be highly motivated team player and work well with others with good communication skills.
- The candidate must have BS/MS degree in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related fields Preferably 3+ years experience in immunology or cell biology research from academic or pharmaceutical industry.
- Good knowledge with cell biology and immunology to related antibody discovery.