Research Associate II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- A temporary position for a talented Research Associate/Scientific Researcher is available in the Structural Biology department.
- Our group is involved in exploring the structure and function of proteins of therapeutic interest.
- The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the purification, characterization, and crystallization of proteins for structural analysis by X-ray crystallography. This will include protein expression in E. coli and purification using various techniques and an AKTA FPLC.
- Work will involve optimizing protein purification strategies, identifying and optimizing conditions for protein crystallization, and soaking crystals with experimental compounds for structural analysis.
- The position requires strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate should be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and able to meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Experience with recombinant protein purification using an AKTA FPLC is required.
- Experience with protein crystallization is highly desired.
- The candidate must have at a minimum a BS/MS degree in biochemistry, biophysics, or related discipline with 3+ years of technical experience in areas related to protein chemistry.