Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The successful candidate will develop and implement biochemical and immunoassays for protein quantification and characterization using automation and liquid handling systems.
- The individual will analyze data and report results using commercially available and customized software in multiple assay methodologies.
- Responsibilities will also include transferring developed assays to the CRO and ensuring the results are comparable to in house generated data.
- In addition, the candidate will also be responsible for shipping samples to the CRO by obtaining the necessary paper work and preparing the samples for shipping.
- We are seeking a highly motivated candidate who possesses excellent analytical skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to keep detailed and accurate records, and the capacity and desire to learn new methodologies.
- This individual should be team oriented, dependable, self-starter and have the ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- In addition, the individual must be able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- This individual should have prior lab experience and familiarity with immunoassays and automation.
- Assay development experience is required.
- In addition, the individual will be expected to incorporate automation in his/her daily work, develop new applications, and have strong organizational skills. Ability to work both independently as well as a collaborative environment is preferred.
- Competent in using various data analysis and reporting software such as Microsoft Excel, Prism, and PowerPoint is preferred.
- B.S. degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience in either academic institutes or biotech/pharmaceutical companies