Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- A position is available in Applied Proteomics group. Our group utilizes state of the art mass spectrometric techniques as well as traditional chemistries to characterize lipids, proteins, protein interactions and post translational modifications.
- The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of mass spectrometry and chromatography, with particular emphasis on the development of targeted (MRM) experimental worflows.
- A background in lipid profiling by mass spectrometry is highly desired.
- The ideal candidate will have strong informatic skills and be proficient in a variety of mass spectrometry based methodologies including targeted analysis, proteolytic digestion, quantitative approaches and proteomic data analysis.
- We are particularly interested in candidates with a lipid background for this position.
- The candidate must be knowledgeable with HPLC and MS instrumentation and have strong troubleshooting capabilities, good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, be able to work in a team environment and willing and eager to learn new technologies
- We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with BS/MS degree in chemistry or biochemistry.