Research Associate I
One DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The responsibilities of a DMPK-BA Senior Research Associate/ResearchAssociate (Temporary position) are to develop and routinely employbioanalytical methods for the quantitative and qualitative analysis of newchemical entities and their metabolites in plasma, tissues, and otherbiological matrices, as well as, interpret and provide bioanalyticalresults to project teams in support of drug discovery and development.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to independently design and execute experiments by LC-MS/MS in support of drug discovery and early development programs in a fast-paced environment.
- This role requires a goodunderstanding of preclinical ADME and bioanalytical techniques.
- The candidate will work as a member of the bioanalytical group and will beresponsible for sample preparation, tissue homogenization, sampleextraction techniques (e.g. LLE, SPE, and PP), data acquisition on atriple-quadrupole platform (Sciex API5500, etc), and data processing using Analyst and Watson-LIMS.
- The candidate should be able to assist introubleshooting when instrument or assay problems arise.
- Other responsibilities will include basic bioanalytical research, electroniclaboratory notebook keeping and communication of results to project teams.
- Experience with independent operation of various LC-MS platforms andautomated liquid handlers is preferred.
- The candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidates for DMPK-BA SRA/RA position will have BS or MS in a relevant scientific discipline chemistry, biochemistry, etc with typical relevant experience of 1-4 years for BS/MS