Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- A temp position in the Immunohistochemistry(IHC) and In Situ Hybridization (ISH) lab within the Pathology Department.
- The candidate will be working as a part of a team that focuses on developing and implementing IHC and ISH assays.
- The position requires thorough understanding and proficient use of current IHC methodology including antigen retrieval techniques, mouse-on-mouse technologies, amplification systems, immunoflourescence and operation and maintenance of IHC and ISH automation.
- The individual in this position should enjoy challenges such as working with novel antibodies, implementing new technologies and efficient handling of multiple projects.
- Other job relevant tasks include technical interpretation of observations, data acquisition (microscopy), data recording (database entry), photographic documentation and communication of findings.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented, dependable, self starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- At least 6 months lab experience, preferably in a testing environment.
- Have hands on experience with IHC and ISH techniques.
- Able to apply analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of assay data and assay performance.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills required.
- The candidate should have BS/MS degree or preferably 3+ years experience in Immunohistochemistry