Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
Responsibilities for this position would focus on:
1. Weighing of reagents for group members to conduct parallel synthesis
2. Sourcing, ordering and inventory maintenance lead of reagent store specifically for parallel synthesis.
3. Synthesis, analysis and purification of parallel arrays for advancing target projects
- Precise record keeping, attentiveness to detail, organizational skills and familiarity with computer/database skills (including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Chemdraw).
- Excellent skills in communication, flexibility, work drive and an eagerness to learn.
- Must work well with others and be a team player.
- Must be willing to work with potentially hazardous materials, adhering to health and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrated expertise in synthetic organic chemistry, parallel synthesis, compound purification (including flash chromatography and reverse phase HPLC purification) and structural characterization is preferred.
- Requirements BS or MS in Organic Chemistry with a minimum of 2 years experience in synthetic chemistry.