Purchase Order Processor
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Supports the Financial Analyst (FA) through setting-up purchase orders once the contacts / SOWs are in place
- Ensuring POs are properly entered into the financial systems and allocated appropriately to the Commercial brands
- Monitoring the status of POs (open, pending) and provide updates to the FAs as part of the monthly close and forecasting processes
- Setting up initial Revised Expense Schedule (RES) for all purchase orders to properly reflect services rendered based on SOW milestones or start and end dates.
- Researching and assisting with POs/invoice issues.
- Closing POs, requesting vendor adds to SAP database, and any other ad hoc requests
- Ensure contract policies and processes are followed in a timely and compliant manner focusing on execution of vendor agreements and statements of work (SOWs).
- Continuously identify opportunities for improving
- Commercial finance processes; partner with management and colleagues to assess and implement recommendations in a timely and effective manner.
- Train new hires and/or work collaboratively with team members to acclimate new hires to the purchase order set-up, set up of RES (Revised earned schedule), closing and purging of POs.
- Self-starter with impeccable ethics and integrity, as well as proven communication skills, verbal and written, with a clear ability to effectively communicate amongst different levels of the organization as well as external parties
- Must be accurate and have strong organizational skills
- Must have intermediate knowledge of Excel and familiarity with SAP (and TM1 preferred), including use of BW financial reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines and timelines, with proven experience in meeting goals on time
- Excellent attention to detail paired with timeliness Experience in a customer service environment is highly desired
- 2 year college degree, BA not required, entry level processing role