One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, California 91320 | Contract
Project Management role supporting internal and external publication stakeholders with a primary focus on ensuring the successful planning, management, and execution of each publication review process through the company’ s electronic tracking program.
- Manage the electronic review/tracking processes for publication development across multiple internal departments to ensure adherence to internal SOPs.
- Activities include assisting stakeholders with adherence to project timelines based on SOP, IFM checkpoints and FPR; preparation, retrieval, and distribution of documents for review and revision; collection and dissemination of updated core documents, client guidelines, and review schedules; maintenance of the project database, as needed.
- Interact with multiple stakeholders collaborating on each publication to develop and ensure adherence to processes and timelines.
- Active participation in frequent training calls to ensure alignment with most current interpretation of guidelines, resources, and scheduling.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS POSITION
- Emotional Intelligence – Must have outstanding written and oral communication skills. Must understand the importance of nuanced language and gentle persuasion as this position is very email heavy and interacts with stakeholders at all levels of organization as well as critical external stakeholders.
- Project Management – Ability to undertake multiple concurrent projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines; ability to understand and implement complex instructions; arranges information and files in a useful manner
- Client Focus – Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first-hand client information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect
- Functional/Technical Skills – Demonstrated attention to detail; has the functional and technical knowledge, skills, and creativity to do the job at an extremely high level of accomplishment
- Agile Learner – Ability to learn processes and procedures quickly and adapt when necessary. Must demonstrate strong critical thinking
- Integrity – Acts in a manner consistent with serving team members and key stakeholders with a diplomatic communication style
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’ s degree required; degree in Science, English or Communications preferred
- 2-3 years of work experience is a must
- 2+ years of project management experience required, including administration and coordination of ongoing projects, project scheduling and tracking
- 2+ years of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Publication review, publication support, or editorial process experience preferred
- Previous experience in quality control or a compliance setting highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with database management and data entry
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team
- High proficiency in the use of MS Outlook and Word