1 Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
Our client is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
The project manager is responsible for managing the strategic planning, project initiation and execution, finance, contracting and publication processes for a team of health outcomes and economic researchers.
- Contributes to each GHE associate delivering on product and cross product objectives.
- Supports budget, contracting and publication tracking for a team of Health Economists/Outcomes Researcher (HEOR) scientists.
- Provides operational and tactical support to the GHE team and facilitates the planning and execution of GHE project plans within the GHE department.
- Responsible for facilitating the planning and execution of real-world evidence projects, including study plans and annual GHE planning.
- Interface and liaise with finance, contracting, legal, compliance and other functional groups such as Medical Affairs, Center for Observational Research, Clinical Development, Safety, Legal and regulatory departments and finance.
- Apply project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, maintenance, and closing of GHE projects.
- Highlight risks, timeline delays and other issues.
- Team player with well-developed skills for gaining the cooperation of others and ensuring effective communication among team members.
- Develop and/or refine systems to increase efficiencies in research and processes for the GHE team and department.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Financial / Contracting:
- Manage GHE team contracting, budget planning, finance reporting, and invoice tracking/reconciliation activities.
- Request for proposals from approved and other vendors; manage competitive bids for projects and support/evaluate vendor qualifications for specific projects. Example HEOR projects include global value dossiers, publications, HTA submissions (Health technology assessment), US formulary submissions and educational & training materials.
- Vendor and OL management, including, but not limited to
- Initiating vendor confidentiality agreements
- Contract agreements and payments
- Day to day vendor oversight and management
- Overall management of timelines, deliverables and budget
Health Economic Project and Publication Support:
- Assists with risk mitigation planning
- Preparation and submission of protocols and other documentation to review committees
- Manage publications, publication tracking and reporting and publication compliance procedures
- Support slide deck development & editing for team project and budget presentations
- Provide meeting management and facilitation support to the study teams to ensure projects and plans move forward
- Participate in the development of high-quality project plans, including timelines, and ensures alignment between overall program strategy and cross-functional plans
- Communicates program status through monthly dashboards and other reporting materials. Includes collecting information and ensuring accuracy of reports
- Ensure alignment (avoid project duplication) with cross-functional partners
- Applies project management best practices and processes across the portfolio of projects
- Escalates project issues and risk mitigations to GHE Study Leads in a timely manner
- Develop and update GHE Handbook as requested by the GHE Finance Lead
- Develop and maintain online document repository to store and organize documents
- Assist with developing meeting agendas, participate and take meeting minutes at designated meetings
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of BA or BS degree with at least 3 years’ experience in operations, project management and financial tracking
- Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools and methodology
- Drug Development knowledge with basic to strong understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: Research, Pre-Clinical, Clinical, Commercial, and Regulatory
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills with experience leading cross-functional teams in matrix environment preferred