1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The Project Manager position will provide professional and project management support to assigned functions and a series of related projects in support of Clinical Operations Business Partners.
- S/he will be responsible for building methods, closely partnering with the Process and Knowledge Management functions to support process and tool development to manage and organize workflow, develop and implement tools for information management, and support and drive long-term strategies for aligning operational activities within the Clinical Operational organization.
- The Project Manager ensures that internally managed clinical systems support the business needs, Clinical Operations, so that the information within enables effective decision-making.
- The successful candidate should be a highly motivated, proactive, flexible individual, with project management experience, and a high attention to detail. The position requires excellent communication, collaboration, negotiating, influencing and strategic thinking.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Leads the planning and implementation of projects as assigned
- Facilitate definitions of project scope, goals and deliverables and define project tasks and resource requirements
- Manage, coordinate, and facilitate key project meetings; manage meeting schedules to ensure appropriate timing and prioritization
- Develop meeting agendas and minutes; follow up, track and drive completion of action items and record and archive decisions
- Contribute to project plans, establishing timelines and deliverables
- Coordinate project staff and support the project teams; supporting project resourcing for the project
- Collaborate with function leads in the Business Operations Excellence and SPARK groups to develop and manage the project budget Assess risks, issues, and critical dependencies within and across related projects
- Engage with the assigned BOE Process Manager to ensure best practices are applied and appropriate metrics are defined and captured
- Engage with the assigned BOE Training Manager to ensure training is engaged appropriately and is supplied with knowledge and adequate materials to develop and rollout training according to project plan
- Engage with the assigned BOE Communications and Change Manager to ensure the C&CM resource is engaged appropriately and is supplied with knowledge and adequate materials to develop and rollout
- Communications and the Change Management plan according to the project plan
- Communicate project updates, milestones and risks in a timely manner
- Build and establish effective communication and strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders; seeks out resources to obtain desired information
- Prepare, edit, and provide quality control for all project documentation and presentations (PowerPoint slides, spreadsheets, word documents) as needed.
- 5+ years related experience.
- In depth knowledge of project management techniques and tools, experience in strategic planning, and experience in risk management
- Business knowledge to understand cross-functional interdependencies involved in the implementation of projects
- Highly skilled in interpersonal communication, writing, and presentation skills; including persuasion and influence
- Ability to quickly gain extensive knowledge of organization and establish rapport.
- Handle interactions at multiple levels and proven ability to manage highly sensitive interpersonal situations and information
- Excellent problem solving abilities to independently resolve routine and complex issues Strong analytical and strategic agility skills
- Ability to successfully develop and lead a project team throughout the project lifecycle with little or no oversight Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment with multiple priorities
- Advanced organizational skills with a high attention to detail Advanced computer skills and proficiency in project management software
- Demonstrated understanding, knowledge, and experience of drug development a plus
- PMP Certification preferred