Project Manager IV
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
Job Description GRACE Deployment Manager
GRACE is the new Roche contract management system built on SAP CLM functionality. The Procurement Process Projects manage the end to end deployment of Roche cross-divisional systems from sourcing to invoice payment. Within this, the JCMI (Joint Contract Management Implementation) is a joint system development project between Roche Pharma, Roche DIA and Roche Group Legal which has developed and is deploying the GRACE system to Roche functions and affiliates globally. This role is a key member of the JCMI Deployment Team reporting to the JCMI Pharma Deployment Team Lead.
This assignment is an exciting opportunity to work globally and cross-functionally to deploy a key component of the end to end procurement process.
- Responsible for the execution of site and group specific GRACE system deployments. Individual deployment scope may include: repository, authoring and approval, transmission to SRM/Purchasing System and contract request, and may be in conjunction with Requisition to Receipt (SAP SRM) deployments or be GRACE-only deployments.
- Lead for all aspects of site or group deployments including; project planning, project management, site/group process alignment, system configuration, data migration, change management and training, with support from contracting team Subject Matter Experts.
- Key contracting contact working with Site or Group Lead.
- Ensure deployment project, and implemented processes are integrated with other Pharma Procurement Process Projects: master data, request to receipt, invoice to pay, eSourcing, and analytics and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of contracting processes, preferably at Roche across functions and sites. Ability to quickly fill global knowledge gaps.
- Knowledge of SAP CLM or in-system contract authoring preferred.
- Knowledge of end to end source to pay process, and how all the sub-processes are interconnected, including: sourcing, eCatalogs, requisitioning, business approvals (DOA), purchase orders, goods receipt or service verification, invoicing, reporting and master data. Knowledge of the current Roche processes globally preferred.
- Familiarity with end to end source to pay systems (SAP or others.)
- Experience leading system implementation projects.
- Good project management and communication skills, comfortable speaking with senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences in global environment.
- Collaborative team player, that is able to assess and evaluate the business impact of standardization versus group specific processes and balance with the large picture of the end-to-end S2P process.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to independently make decisions and drive for results.
- Skilled process/system trainer and/or training developer
- Sept 2018-Sept 2020, immediate contract is through December 2019
- Budget for backfill (for internal candidates) is available
Ability to work in SSF and Basel and travel to other deployment locations in Europe, Asia in 2019-2020. Estimated travel 10-20%.