Project Manager II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Ensure improvement methodology and tools are utilized effectively to maximize benefits.
- Deliver project goals on budget and on schedule.
- Develop conceptual customer needs into an approved project charter.
- Analyze business, process and systems performance, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Develop, evaluate and manage business case and cost/benefit analyses.
- Provide decision support and recommendations to select best options.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders and senior management regarding progress, issues and plans for resolution.
- Develop and use project plans to coordinate participants and track and report progress.
- Leverage industry research and analysis; serve as advocate & role model for integrating best practices into the organization.
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy and professionalism; successfully prioritize workload in accordance with business goals.
- Collaborative Leadership - Ability to influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to consensus/alignment.
- High tolerance for ambiguity, able to create order from chaos.
- Ownership and Accountability.
- Takes accountability for actions, drives results, learns from mistakes.
- Is direct and truthful and therefore widely trusted.
- Delivers of promises, goals, and expectations.
- Makes quality decisions and resolved problems rapidly.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively up and down, at all levels of the organization, teach and present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity.
- Planning/Organization - Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and adapt.
- Able to synthesize large amount of information.
- Able to deliver results despite \ shifting environment.
- Analytical Problem Solving.
- Ability to define problem statement clearly and accurately and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify data-driven root causes.
- Innovative and effective in solution development, risk mitigation, and execution.
- BS/BA (Engineering/Science preferred).
- Minimum 7 years of related analytical and business experience working in a complex.
- Minimum 3 years Project Management experience.
- Experience with implementation of process improvement initiatives.