Programmer Analyst I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Processing, QC and analysis of NGS data and other bioinformatics analyses to support immunology and infectious disease programs in research and clinical development.
Skills: Required skills:
- Experience in NGS data analysis (e.g. WGS, RNAseq) and familiarity with NGS technologies and platforms.
- High level of proficiency with R programming language and or other scripting languages (Python, perl, etc.).
- Unix/Linux proficiency, familiarity with version control system.
- Experience with Bioconductor packages for genomic bioinformatics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Database design and query, in relational databases, or no-SQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Knowledge of Microbiology, Immunology, and genetics. Experience supporting bioinformatics efforts in the early development phase.
- Experience with scientific data interpretation and data mining.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field