Principal System Admin- Unix
One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, California 91320 | Contract
Top 3 Skills:
- Linux RHEL 5 & 6
- Solaris 10&11
- Cloud Technologies
- Experience in a regulated pharmaceutical environment is a plus.
Qualified candidates must possess the following skills/experience:
• 8+ years as a Unix administrator
• Experience with AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Hadoop.
• Deep expertise in general Unix/Linux systems administration, MTAs, web servers, load balancers, network and host security, and relevant protocols (SMTP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, NFS).
• Mid to senior level programming/scripting
• Experience in installation and monitoring of Application Servers (e.g. Weblogic, Tomcat, Apache, Cloud services)
• Solid grasp of TCP/IP networking fundamentals.
• Multiple years of experience in fast-paced high-availability production environments with an emphasis on remote " lights-out" management of systems.
• Outstanding troubleshooting ability.
This position has a blend of responsibilities across technologies including storage area networks, local and wide area networks, local and global clusters, real-time data replication, and server farms using operating systems including but not limited to Solaris and Linux, Cloud.
The primary responsibility of this position is providing support to projects within the organization. The individual will participate in the analysis, design, and new construction of next-generation IT systems and will be responsible for understanding the needs of the customer, the realities of commercially available IT products, and the creation of requirements that will lead to a successful implementation.
This position is also responsible for UNIX configuration and operations management, along with daily systems management tasks in a complex environment. The environment contains multiple platforms of Oracle hardware, HP ProLiant hardware, Solaris software, RedHat software, and other infrastructure products. You will also be responsible for ongoing improvement of processes and applying best practices for the environment.
Additionally, the position is responsible for the installation, configuration, management, and administration of a variety of hardware devices from Oracle and HP as well as a variety of software applications from Veritas, Oracle, and others.
• Provides technical leadership and is responsible for the delivery of the technical architectural design, strategies and plans that will be a delivered on an ongoing basis.
• Responsible for ongoing management of UNIX infrastructure.
• Performs necessary systems maintenance in accordance with Oracle and RedHat best practices and Company change management policies.
• Designs system migration architecture as required.
• Responsible for Runbook Design, Development, and ongoing updates.
• Responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices, as applicable, for Business Continuity and High Availability.
• Responsible for Capacity Planning and Disaster Recovery Planning and design as applicable.
• Provides ITIL Process Planning as applicable.
• Recommend changes to procedures which result in operational optimization
• Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable.
• Available for non-Business / after-hours work.
• Applicable recognized certifications (e.g. SCSA, RHCSA, RHCE, AWS CSA, OpenStack SA) are preferred
• Familiarity with Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Cluster Server, Oracle Databases, WebLogic, and JBOSS
• Should be familiar with disaster recovery operations as well as writing and executing standard procedures
• Experience providing HA/DR solutions using SRDF, Timfinder/BCVs, SnapMirror etc.
• Experience managing regulated systems (Pharmaceutical industry experience)
• Excellent data-driven problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience leading large initiatives in multiple functional areas of a complex organization
• Proven experience as part of a high performance team
• Skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues
• ITIL experience