1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The main purpose of this position is to help our litigation team review documents to determine if they are relevant to various pending patent litigation matters. This position would receive detailed instruction on what to search for within documents, then, using their experience (discussed below in the Skills and Education sections), they would review either paper or electronic documents to tag them for relevance.
- If there were a lull in the documents needing review, this position would be asked to provide entry level paralegal support on projects, which could include th following:
- Handle daily tracking of legal hold custodian information.
- Learn and input data into various database system.
- Support of legal team players on various projects ranging from document and data collection and tracking, to review and redaction of physical and electronic documents (including confidential items such as patient information), to searching team databases for important matter information.
- Must maintain computers, devices and physical documents in organized manner.
- Ability to focus on projects and work efficiently, present questions and findings clearly and briefly to project leader, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, professional demeanor.
- Must with well with others, including receiving projects and instruction from various team members and working collaboratively, often in a project team setting.
- Particular scientific areas include the following, ranked in level of interest:
- Manufacturing (biochemistry, microbiology, biotech engineering)
- Protein purification. Recombinant protein fermentation.
- Clinical (Clinical trial management, medicine, health sciences)
- Comfort with trial documents and procedures.
- Cloning (molecular biology)
- DNA work experience.
- Biotech experience in a Regulatory capacity.
- Biotech Project Manager (Biotech development experience)
- Comfort with pipeline development documents and procedures
- Bachelors degree required.