Knowledge Operations Manager
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The Knowledge Operations Manager is primarily responsible for championing organization-wide knowledge sharing through adoption and governance of content management and collaboration systems and related processes.
- Lead the adoption and sustainability of knowledge management technology solutions, and ensure adherence to related processes and governance.
- The individual will be the designated lead for maintaining a document repository, including: cataloging and organizing of materials, developing a document lifecycle review and archiving of stored documents, developing, updating, replacing documents as needed, and providing reference and research assistance.
- This is achieved through: Collaborating effectively with key stakeholders to understand the evolving business needs for knowledge sharing in alignment with Clinical Operations business needs.
- Communicating with the greater Clinical Operations department to ensure adoption, accessibility and usability of content.
- Demonstrating expertise in knowledge management, taxonomy maintenance and usage, and content management systems.
- Continuously scanning the environment to ensure changes are incorporated and processes updated as needed.
- Partnering with Early Development Business Operations and Communication (ED BOC) team to ensure Clinical Operations is aligned with our corporate records management policies.
- Define and maintain the taxonomy (information architecture) of Clinical Operations documents, including programs, projects, studies, teams, as well as non-program initiatives.
- Ensure that related solutions for knowledge management, including document management, search, collaboration, role-based portal, adhere to the taxonomy.
- Provide input into training for new processes or revisions to current training related to knowledge management.
- Lead adoption of knowledge management systems and related business processes.
- Help users determine where/when/how to manage their documents and information.Lead the governance around document management, including document types, metadata, access control and workflow; ensure relationships are defined between documents and business processes.
- Interact with the Communications and Change Manager and Business Initiative Committee to provide process and procedural guidance to department personnel regarding document format, content, use, control, and the document system.
- Develop and implement long term strategies for sustainable document development, organization, and distribution.
- Lead governance model for knowledge management and additional content management systems adopted or developed by Clinical Operations.
- Ensure document and site ownership is implemented consistently, and define the roles and responsibilities between document and site owners and business process owners.
- Ensure compliance with records retention policies (i.e. COREMAP) and procedures and provide leadership at the governance level for Clinical Operations.
- Champion continuous improvement in knowledge management systems and processes, looking for new ways to capture knowledge and reap the benefits of knowledge-sharing across the organization and strategic business partners.
- Strategic oversight of Knowledge Management Project Coordinator to ensure objectives and deliverables are met.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree (preferred): Library or Information Sciences a plus.
- 7+ years multi-disciplinary experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with 3+ years experience as a document management system leader.
- SharePoint, LiveLink, Project Library, Documentum or other Electronic Content Management System experiences an asset.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Highly self-motivated, well organized, able to develop alternative solutions to issues and ability to work independently