IT Service Desk Support
4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, California 94588 | Contract
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
IT Service Desk Support
- Provides onsite 2nd level IT service desk support (initiate, resolve and monitor) for software, hardware, telephone/voicemail and audio/video conference incidents and service requests. Baseline is IT Service Level Agreement, ITSM processes and Roche rules and guidelines.
- Hardware support involves HP Laptops and desktops, Apple MacBookPros, and peripherals.
- OS Support for Microsoft Windows and OSX with Microsoft Office.
- Software support (analysis, implementation, and resolution), hardware support (analysis, implementation and resolution), service desk support (implementation, updates and monitoring), user support (provide solution options for specific user requirements, provide support for user software, and general support of telephone and conference requirements).
- Supports, maintains and repair of IT equipment and infrastructure
- Provides user support for specific user requirements to improve or enhance user productivity.
- Monitor and manage several ticket queues in HPSM. Documents solution and work arounds, maintain the knowledge database (e.g. known errors, workarounds).
- Supports end user questions regarding their desktop environment.
- Provides input on the effectiveness of client desktop support system methods and procedures as part of the continuous service improvement initiative
- Provides high touch, front line, technical support on videoconference and conference room equipment.
- Troubleshoots software installs and document resolutions for desktop initiated requests
- Works on “ special projects” as assigned by IT management.
- Identify workstation software improvements and enhancements.
- Build, configure and deploy equipment for site end users.
- Pick up and store equipment in a secured location following documented process for asset management.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of printers, copiers, fax machines, and all-in-one units.
- Support Software installation, remediation, removal and fixes
- Deploy new hardware / upgrade existing hardware (add memory, larger monitor, etc.
- Provides end user training and onsite support and on call responsibilities as needed.
- Demonstrates great follow up and customer service skills as well as strong project management, and relationship management skills.
- Smart Phones (iPhone) and Tablet Support (iPad)
- Technical/trade school certificate in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience required
- Typically requires 2 plus years job related experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Vendor certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, ITI, HP, others)