Help Desk Coordinator
455 Mission Bay Blvd. (South) San Francisco, CA 94158 | Contract
Our client is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of drug candidates which are designed to improve the benefits of drugs for patients.
- Works on assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Monitors and maintains the process of incoming requests and ensures courteous, timely, and effective resolutions.
- Performs inventory of equipment and supplies, then obtains quotes based on pre-established re-order quantities.
- Sorts, cleans, and preps various IT equipment for re-use (PCs, mice, keyboard, and misc accessories).
- Replaces toner and paper in printers and copiers, and performs basic troubleshooting such as clearing paper jams.
- Assists with setup and relocations of office IT equipment such as computers, docking stations, monitors, printers, and all associated cabling.
- Prepares unused IT equipment for disposal via established procedures.
- Assists with system checks of AV equipment in conference rooms following establish procedures.
- May assist with preparation of desktops and laptops and the installation of software per established procedures.
- Helps test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Utilize the appropriate management system to ensure prompt resolution of service requests.
- May help with installation and testing of hardware and software.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong skills in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Project) are required.
- Must be a quick learner and team player with good organizational skills.
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Great interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills are required.
- Must possess good excellent and written communication skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions and work well in a team environment.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma is required.
- An Associate’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Equivalent Experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 2 years industry experience is required.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Medical Product industry is preferred.