Global Medical Information Associate
770 Lindaro St San Rafael, California 94901 | Contract
As a multinational commercial biopharmaceutical company, this client provides important therapeutic treatments to thousands of patients worldwide who might otherwise go untreated.
Global Medical Information Associate
The Global Medical Information (GMI) Associate will support Global Medical Information including daily operations and project management. The associate will also be responsible for business process documentation, improvement, and implementation to sustain business operations and support business growth. The associate will be expected to demonstrate the core medical information associate functions, play a leadership role in multiple projects, and provide business process and system training/assistance. The associate will be comfortable presenting in team meetings and externally.
As this is a recently developed and evolving role, we are looking for an innovative and flexible personality, someone that brings with them new ideas and ways of approaching tasks but can also accept direction and can apply themselves well within a lean yet cohesive team. The candidate will be comfortable working under close deadlines and will need to manage priorities. The candidate must be able to work with international and off-site colleagues, have a strong eye for detail, and be prepared to ‘ go the extra mile’ when called upon.
- Lead and contribute to multiple projects including process improvement, trainings, website maintenance and improvements, audit readiness etc.
- Support general daily operations including document management logistics, and coordination of project/task management.
- Coordinate team meetings including posting of agendas and minutes and scheduling for international time zones.
- Support Medical Affairs scientific conference activities such as schedules, booth preparation, and materials readiness. Potential to staff Medical Affairs booth for peer-to-peer interactions with health care professionals and others with inquiries about our programs.
- Provide scientific and graphic support for generation of professional and appealing slide sets and reports.
- Coordinate activities and communicate effectively within the internal department and with cross-functional partners and vendors.
- Become business process expert, apply expertise to solve business problems, and provide recommendations and support for optimal team functionality.
- Interpret metrics and create reports for sharing cross-functionally.
- Develop, update, and document Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and Training Manuals.
- Help support compliance and quality assurance activities.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical industry experience or equivalent and 2 years in a similar role
- Strong English Language Skills
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite Products
- Quick adoption of new technology
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Project Management
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships and interact at all levels
- Flexibility to adopt and utilize new tools and techniques to improve departmental output
- Experience working in Medical Affairs
- Literacy in inquiry management software, Spotfire, Trackwise, Sharepoint, website management.
- International business experience or willingness to engage with international teams
- Additional language skills
Bachelor/Master’s degree or equivalent experience in the sciences, business, computer information systems, computer sciences, or equivalent field.