Finance Manager- Global Pharma informatics
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Global Finance Business partner to South San Francisco IT Americas leadership, and lead for coordination of SSF site planning/reporting for Pharma Informatics.
- Establish and maintain a strong partnership with SSF IT business partners (locally & globally)
- Drive monthly forecasting, performance reporting, annual budgeting, and long range planning for both SSF IT Americas
- Monthly accounting close: accruals, reclassification, prepaid amortization, account reconciliations, coordination of monthly variance analysis and reporting, Emphasis on project level reporting and planning
- Provide “ the why” to Business Partners for deviation from budget
- Provide insight not just numbers
- Enable sound financial decision making Constructively challenge Business Partner when appropriate
- Establish and maintain robust financial systems, processes, and financial controls to ensure integrity and reliability of financial statements and information
- Monitor compliance with group procedures, directives and guidelines, and recommend improvements, as well as promote ethical business behavior and compliance at all times.
- Meet all financial reporting requirements globally and locally
- Experience as a Finance business partner Strong influencing and communication skills Strong analytical skills A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience
- BA or BS in Finance, MBA is a plus