Director of HR
341 Oyster Point Blvd South San Francisco, California 94080 | Direct Hire
Director, Human Resources
A great growing Life Science Company is looking for a strategic partner to head their Human Resources Department. Reporting to the President of the company, this role would provide support for all levels of management within the Company. With solid experience working with organizational aspects of the role as well as a nimble and trustworthy character that solidifies internal and external relationships--the right candidate will need to flexible and able to work within a changing environment.
- Support of the overall business by developing solutions to a variety of unusually complex issues and initiatives while exercising significant judgment.
- Promote the Company’ s Vision, Mission and Core Values through actions, training, communications and leading by example.
- Apply strong technical expertise (such as Organization Design, Employee Engagement, Workforce Planning, and Change Management) in implementing strategy and solutions to address organizational and people-related challenges across the Company.
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the HR Department.
- Oversee all recruitment and ensure a consistent, meaningful orientation program for all new hires.
- Manage training and development programs and activities.
- Manage and keep current all HR administration systems including salaries & incentives, leaves of absence and training. In addition, ensure the full and optimum utilization of the Oracle HRIS and Talent Acquisition systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or closely related field required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Human Resources, with a minimum of 5 years of management experience as a department head.
- Working knowledge of California labor laws, salary administration, employee benefits and health and welfare plans.
- Strong business acumen; strategic thinker.
- Proven and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong presentation and training skills.
- Great communicator with diplomatic and ethical business practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint).