Data Scientist I
One DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- A Data Scientist in gRED Clinical Operation has a combination of statistical programming skills, SQL capability, and analytic and modeling experience
- The candidate will work in the Predictive Analytics team and will specialize in complex data analysis and programming.
- The candidate is expected to support Data Scientists and provide analysis and insight based on operational and clinical data to multiple stakeholders and to inform data driven decisions at the program/study team level and application and tool development and design.
- The candidate will support innovation in the Predictive Analytics space leveraging Big Data, internal and external data sets and new methods of analyses to support clinical operations.
- Build statistical or deterministic models with minimal oversight
- Support analysis of Data Scientists Program and optimize data-driven algorithms
- Access, process, manipulate data of large volumes and from diverse sources (e.g. Oracle Clinical, Teradata, Medidata RAVE, ClinicalTrials.gov)
- Run simulations to conduct virtual trials to explore possible scenarios comprehensively and exhaustively
- Carry out advanced and in-depth analytics and data mining tasks
- Support development of new insights and analyses that inform data driven decisions
- Project and predict business processes including clinical site activation, patient screening and enrollment
- Detect trends and anomalies in data and analyses
- Conduct ad hoc requests to support clinical development business needs S
- Support business initiatives, participate in application development and user acceptance testing from analytics perspective
- Develop expertise in relevant concepts, methods and supporting technology
- Reports into gRED Early Clinical Development Predictive Analytics Lead
- The ability to adapt complex methodologies and analytical results to business needs, and convey them in an effective non-technical manner
- Must have experience working with relational databases and SQL and the ability to write complex SQL queries Strong knowledge of common analysis tool such as R and SAS. R Shiny Development experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of statistics and data analysis (linear regression, statistical test, stochastic process like Poisson process, Markov chain, Monte Carlo simulation, basic Bayesian analysis)
- Working experience in using Unix and Windows command environment and remote computing
- Proficiency to program in scripting languages highly preferred
- Working proficiency of MS Office Ambitious, resourceful, works with minimal instruction and oversight.
- Degree in a relevant technical field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science. Masters or PhD is a plus
- 1+ yrs experience in using Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science (2+; 1+ yrs with a PhD)
- Experience in Clinical Development or Pharmaceutical industry is a plus