One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, California 91320 | Contract
Work with IS to gather business requirements, develop statements of work, issue Requests for Proposals (RFP) in Ariba, facilitate Q&A sessions, evaluate supplier responses and compare pricing, negotiate legal terms and conditions with the support of company Law, make recommendations to the IS business partners on risks, value, and mitigations required; summarize, communicate, and execute the agreements. Success will based on feedback from our technology sourcing team and from our business partners in IS.
- Responsible for managing sourcing processes and projects focused on categories within Information Systems and technology services.
- Support the development and implementation of sourcing and category management strategies across all other company sites globally.
- Leading the industry analysis to identify size of industry, leading players, and specific industry characteristics
- Conducting client requirement analysis to understand clients' procurement needs
- Influence suppliers and stimulate innovation, process improvement, and cost management
- Developing a comprehensive category strategy based on customer and industry analyses and developing contracts with new suppliers or renegotiating existing contracts
- Lead the contract negotiation process and achieve best value for company by:
- Leading the appropriate sourcing process for new and existing business requirements;
- Defining and executing the contract negotiation strategy; and follow-on contract management;
- Leading the contract implementation and the identification of opportunities for expanded supplier relationships to enhance the business partnerships.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior every day;
- Sourcing/procurement experience, especially with regards to outsourced services or managed service deals;
- Information technology background; data/spend analysis;
- Excellent communication skills; negotiation and influencing skills;
- Project management skills, particularly around planning and organizing to ensure the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives;
- Relationship management skills;
- Ability to work with and lead a team