Bioinformatics Associate IV
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Seeking a highly motivated bioinformatics scientist for a research contractor position in the department of Cancer Immunology.
- This is a great opportunity to conduct research and development in hottest area of cancer therapy.
- There will be opportunities to work with an interdisciplinary team of scientists as well as publish any successful research findings
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a similar field
- Experience with analyzing next generation DNA and RNA sequencing data, high throughput data analysis methods, familiarity with multiple sequence alignment tools
- High level programming skills (R/Python/bash)
- Experience with statistics, machine learning methods
- Working knowledge of molecular biology, immunology, cancer biology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Education: Ph.D in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a similar field