Big Data Principal Engineer / Architect
333 West San Carlos Street #700 San Jose, CA 95110 | Contract To Hire
- The job requires engineers that have hands-on experience with multitude of big data technologies. Starting with the foundational technologies Hadoop, Hive and/or Pig and augmented with actual implementation and development experience with newer, adjuct technologies like Redis, Cassandra, Shark, Storm, etc.
- At least 10 years of software development experience including 3 years hands-on big data experience for production solutions
- Production, real-time system experience with Hadoop, Hive and/or Pig
- You must know the advantages of various technologies like Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB, Couchbase, Shark, etc. based on personal evaluation and usage in the solutions you have brought to market
- Database user experience from traditional relational databases to NoSQL/unstructured databases
- Big data technologies used in production systems delivering mission-critical solutions to customers
- Java programming expert and experience developing web applications using ApacheÃÂ® Tomcat
- Linux expertise
- Functional programming experience and total comfort scripting solutions in your favorite scripting languages whether Groovy or Phython, etc.
- Must have experience delivering SAAS or PAAS solutions to businesses or consumers
- Experience developing Java web applications using PivotalÃ¢ÂÂs Spring MVC framework and related Spring tools
- Direct experience building products on HortonWorks ÃÂ® Hadoop suite of products
- Experience working with VirtualBox
- Experience with the latest trends in web application development