BSM Scientist I
4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, California 94588 | Contract
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
Position, Location and Scope:
- The BioSpecimen Management (BSM) Scientist position will facilitate the daily operations associated with providing the best-in-class simple biological solutions to our customers to drive innovation.
- The BioSpecimen Management function delivers efficient biospecimen solutions with the right quality and protections that power the innovation engine with a deep commitment to quality, service to clients, and respect for donors.
- Biospecimen solutions include acquisition, characterization, and management of biological materials, and build of select panels fit for purpose for research.
- Works independently to deliver simple, efficient solutions, facilitating receipt of shipments of human biological samples, verify sample integrity and data accuracy, process (centrifuge, aliquot, and pool) samples, consolidate inventory, retrieve and distribute samples, maintain inventory of supplies and ships supplies and facilitate routine activities in the build of custom panels, in close communication with team members.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of all assigned projects, tasks and related activities, and keeps supervisor informed of project status.
- Assumes accountability for electronic records management and use of validated systems ensuring information is maintained in a timely manner, accurately and consistently.
- Follows good practices in their daily tasks.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Associate degree or certification in Biological Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1+-years of related experience required, including at least 6 months of handling biological samples.
- Understanding of good laboratory, data and documentation practices a must.
- Experience with basic computer applications a must.
- Ability to work in low temperatures environment, with human biological samples.
Personal Characteristics & Cultural Fit:
- Good organizational, written and verbal communication and cross-functional participation skills.
- Adaptable and meticulous; Able to work in dynamic and matrix environment, and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Understands the importance and impact of biospecimens in research; Results and goals oriented.