Thousand Oaks, California | Contract
A biopharmaceutical leader founded on discovering, developing, manufacturing, and delivering innovative human therapeutics. Pivotal Attribute Sciences group is seeking a Research Associate for a position based in Thousand Oaks, CA. As the candidate for this largely laboratory-based position, you will be responsible for driving cutting-edge analytical support and technology development impacting process and product development teams across the company portfolio. You will work cross-functionally and across Process Development sites as you use analytical science to help drive efficient development and scalable understanding of processes and products in the pipeline.
MINIMUM BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Analytical Chemistry, Physical, Life Sciences or related technical discipline.
- 4 years’ experience performing analytical development and testing.
- Master’ s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Physical or Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences or Engineering related discipline.
- Strong theoretical understanding, research in, and hands-on experience in small molecule/peptide analysis in support of process development/scale up activities and formulation development in GMP and non-GMP environments
- Additional experience in protein, protein conjugate analysis a plus
- Experience with a broad array of chromatographic (HPLC, GC, CE, SFC), spectroscopic techniques (FTIR, Raman, Mass spectrometry), dissolution development and testing, as well as associated electronic system (EMPOWER, eLN, Chromeleon, etc.).
- Experience with process analytical techniques a plus (In-situ IR, Raman, FBRM)
- Demonstrate independence and ability to produce quality results under minimal direction
- Generate complete, accurate, and concise documentation using electronic systems and laboratory notebook
- High energy individual who can multi-task and handle a fast-pace, dynamic work environment
- Operate specialized laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Perform general laboratory housekeeping activities
- Complete training on assigned tasks
- Comply with safety guidelines and site specific procedures which include but is not limited to, the maintenance of training records, laboratory documentation, written procedures, building monitoring systems and laboratory log books