Administrative Associate III
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Manage multiple calendars for Sr. Director, Leadership Team, Dept. meetings, global (US, EU) meetings, and meeting with external parties.
- Arrange, negotiate, coordinate and support meetings, events, and activities both on and off-site
- Collaborate closely with other admins in PTD, including providing back up support, attending monthly PTD Admin Meetings to ensure aligned work practices and leverage them for peer-to-peer learning
- Coordinate Monthly Lecture Series Events with speakers and sponsors. Generate poster, send out sign-up sheets for distribution, and registrant invites
- Provide administrative support, including, but not limited to:
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
- Arrange and set up teleconference, Webex, video conferences (VC), and/or telepresence for various meetings
- Order catering and other supplies for a variety of meetings and events
- Reviewing/answering/writing and distributing emails
- Book travel arrangements for Sr. Director and Leadership Team
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Coordinate hiring process, including scheduling and managing interviews
- New employee onboarding/off-boarding setup
- Data entry into on-line resource management systems and tracker
- Update/maintain org charts and email distribution lists
- Submit Statement of Works (SOWs), generate and process purchase orders
- Follow up and track invoices, and submit for payment
- Photocopying, distributing and filing documents
- Order and maintain office supplies • Sort and distribute mail in designated Mailstop areas
- Track office allocation (i.e., space planning) for department members
- Computer savvy and highly proficient with Google Suite applications a must (e.g., Gmail, gCal, google slides, google sheet, google forms, google drive, and google hangouts/meet.
- Experience with Sharepoint, Touchpoint, or similar document management system a plus -
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint in particular)
- Extremely organized.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy, strong sense of urgency to help prioritize projects, and achieve deadlines under pressure
- Timely follow up and follow through to completion on project tasks
- Ability to work with confidential, sensitive, confidential documents and complex information.
- Strong administrative organizational and technical skills, along with research skills, analytical and problem solving skills, that demonstrate attention to detail and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills (e.g., email, professional writing, and verbal) and ability to interact with people at various levels (entry level up to Sr. VP)
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with our customers and internal dept.
- Only local candidates will be considered.
- Must be able to work Monday to Friday, typical hours of 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., unless an early or late meeting/event is scheduled.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of administrative experience in a corporate setting. Proven experience as an administrative assistant/associate