Administrative Associate II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- We are seeking a flexible self-starter who loves a fast paced environment. Responsible primarily for administrative support of the Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research Operations groups, which includes 4 directors, totaling approximately 130 individuals.
- Interfaces with other departments throughout Research, Development and the Company.
- Responsible for a wide range of administrative duties.
- Must be able to prioritize and work independently, practice strong organizational skills pro-actively, and exercise judgment and discretion regarding sensitive/confidential and proprietary information.
- Maintain multiple complex calendars; coordinate department activities; plan in-house and offsite meetings; schedule candidate interviews; organize travel for staff and invited guests; process expense and payment reports; filing and organization of documents; maintaining staff records and office supplies.
- Work with the Administrative team to coordinate scheduling and communication throughout the Research organization.
- 5 years (minimum) administrative experience in a management/executive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and willingness to take initiative.
- Strong ability to work with people at all levels, and to work effectively as a team player with a diverse group of people.
- Skilled writing and interpersonal communication and an ability to network and collaborate with others throughout the company.
- Able to handle routine and impromptu assignments with minimal supervision.
- Should have a working knowledge of Office Software and Web-based systems including Powerpoint, and Excel.Pharmaceutical industry/Research environment experience is a plus.
- AA degree or equivalent experience preferred.