Sr. Research Associate, Toxicology
San Francisco, California | Contract
Our client is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of drug candidates which are designed to improve the benefits of drugs for patients.
- Performs research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects.
- Oversees and monitors the out-sourcing of studies to aid InVivo and InVitro efforts in preclinical research.
- Provides support in animal model development and validation, as well as In-Vitro immunobiology studies to support the InVivo models.
- Exercises technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies.
- Maintains familiarity with current scientific literature.
- Produces competent, reproduce-able results to a high technical standard.
- Makes complex detailed observations and analyzes data to provide an interpretation of results from which recommendations may be made.
- Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve advanced technical problems.
- Independently investigates, creates and develops methods, experiments and/or technologies for project advancement.
- Collects and analyzes complex data to prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and/or quantitative analyses.
- Maintains accurate and well-organized study records, worksheets and notebooks. Maintains current training requirements.
- Functions as a team resource across the organization able to perform a variety of laboratory based tasks.
- Maintains compliance to company Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Prior experience in an InVivo lab or immunology lab a plus.
- Experience with database management a plus.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, with significant hands on laboratory experience.
- Must have a demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles.
- Must be able to demonstrate good decision-making skills.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to independently write reports.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies.
- Must have demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Strong organizational skills are required and computer skills are required.
- Working knowledge of MS word, Excel, Power point is a plus.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment is highly desired.
- Must be able to work well in and promote a team environment, and demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Must be able to provide technical assistance to others in a wide range of laboratory based activities/techniques.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline is required.
- Equivalent experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 8 years work experience in a research and/or development environment is required.