Sr Project Mgr
One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, California 91320 | Contract
Managing multiple project in program, Sr. level management reporting, business savvy, understanding project financials.
The Senior Project Manager leads medium to large IS projects for the IS Global Supply Chain organization. This role is primarily focused on delivering ERP related programs but may also include non-ERP systems. The role will support Supply Chain capabilities PLAN, SOURCE, DELIVER, RETURN and ENABLE.
• Build strong, competent and effective project teams • Assess scope, schedule, cost and resource estimates coming from the PM’ s • Developing and managing vendor and product Request for Proposals in partnership with Global Strategic Sourcing • Oversee PM’ s Leading all phases, including planning, execution and closure of the projects • Creating and maintaining value capture plans / Business cases • Managing and reporting project budgets for both capital and expense expenditures • Proactively managing risk on projects in the IS Global Supply Chain portfolio.
• Report effectively to program/project governance teams • Interact and report progress to senior business and IS leadership • Manage all project escalations and quickly inform leadership and governance of high risk items • Leads by example; mentors and coaches staff and others as required or requested.
• Support project going to ILM for budget approval
• Depth and breadth of experience and knowledge of program and project management concepts and processes, can demonstrate skills in situations with a large number of variables and high-level of complexity.
• Exhibits an expert ability to impact and influence project outcomes.
• SCOR knowledge / experience
• Demonstrates expert skills in team leadership and conflict management • Must be able to identify, assess and resolve complex business problems/issue/risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation.
• Understanding of software development methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM, RUP, Waterfall, etc.
• Certification as a Project Manager Professional (PMP) • Track record of success in complex projects and programs as well as management and mentoring of Project Managers and other professional staff • Experience in software development life cycle and business planning • MS Project, Clarity, SAP financials or similar tools