Specialist Technical Writing
Thousand Oaks, California | Contract
Position requires someone with strong project management skills who is able to write documentation for regulated processes and is also able to lead cross-functional teams of subject matter experts under tight timelines.
Develops, writes, edits, and formats materials such as Standard Operating Procedures, manuals, and related technical and business process documentation. When creating/revising the documentation, adhere to format, content and style guidelines, giving consideration to usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency and quality. Additionally, this position will be required to process documents via the established Document Review process using the electronic repository (EDM Quality).
Able to lead a cross-functional team of subject matter experts to drive R&D Quality processes including generation and management of MS Project timeline, identifying Quality strategy, oversight of process modeling, and oversight/generation of process documentation. Need someone who critical thinking skills who is able to work independently with little direction.
- MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Project experience.
- Visio experience preferred.
- At least 1 year prior experience writing controlled process documentation (eg, SOPs, user manuals) for the bio/pharma or medical device industry (other regulated environments may be considered)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills/writing skills.
- At least 3 years prior experience leading cross-functional teams in fast-moving projects.