Senior Product Manager
201 Spear Street San Francisco, California 94105 | Contract
Senior Product Manager, Oncology Marketing - Contract Opportunity
The Oncology Marketing Team members are responsible for the commercial launch planning and execution of the treatment of breast cancer. This will entail ownership over the development and execution of mission critical strategies and tactics that ensure optimal positioning, demand, utilization, launch and overall growth of the brand. While the core responsibilities of this role are outlined below, the success of this global launch will require talented marketers with the ability to significantly contribute beyond their role. The Senior Product Manager, Oncology Marketing will report to the Director, Oncology Marketing. This group resides in Market Planning which is within Global Commercial Operations.
• Drive the development and execution of global commercial educational tactics leading up to the launch of product
• Supports the development of the strategic business plan while responsible for the organization and synthesis of the tactical plan
• Proactively evaluates/assesses the relevant market landscape, monitoring changes in market dynamics, competition, clinician and patient practices and needs, as well as other related factors
• Alongside the Director, support advocacy relations; including but not limited to ad boards and sponsorships
• Lead the international congress plan and presence for company and product
• Work with internal and external cross-functional groups (Compliance, Regulatory, Development, Project Management, Medical Affairs and Market Planning) and external (Ad Agency, Market Research agency) to insure integration and consistency of professional business strategies and regulatory compliance of materials
• Understand trends in the oncology marketplace impacting professional marketing using data driven strategic insights to apply on an on-going basis to commercial tactics
- Employs a wide range of market analysis efforts and techniques, including penetration assessments, market share analyses, product concept testing, etc.
• Operate quickly and decisively in a fast-paced, demanding launch environment
• Position requires approximately 25% travel, including global travel
• 4+ years of professional marketing experience with 2+ years of oncology experience
• Must have strong planning and organization skills.
• Oncology pre-launch and/or launch experience
• Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
• International experience
• Strong communication, collaboration, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including market research, advertising, digital, external and internal partners.
• Demonstrated understanding of principles of market research to draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interact with customers – KOLs, patients and advocacy groups
• Bachelors, preferably in life sciences or economics
• MBA, strongly preferred