475 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- A temporary position in the department of Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology.
- The successful candidate will be participating in biologics drug discovery projects in the disease therapeutic areas of Immunology, cancer immunology and neuroscience.
- More specifically, the individual will develop, validate and execute medium and high-throughput biochemical and cell-based functional assays to identify and characterize candidate molecules.
- The individual will be expected to conduct in vitro assays to interrogate drug candidate with respect to its in vitro potency/efficacy, MOA, pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics properties and immunogenicity.
- In addition, the individual will be expected to incorporate automation into his/her workflow and harness novel technologies in assay development.
- Basic understanding and experience in mammalian cell culture, gene expression analysis and flowcytometry analysis.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Clear oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong collaborative skills and enjoy working in multi-disciplinary project team environment.
- The qualified individual will possess a B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell biology, Immunology with hands-on experience in academic or biopharmaceutical lab setting.