Research Associate III
South San Francisco, California | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work in a high throughput Embryonic stem cell /KO lab within the Molecular Biology Department.
- The successful candidate will be a team player, detail oriented, accurate and have excellent time management and record keeping skills.
- The job will involve independent experiment design and execution, troubleshooting and interpretation of experiments.
- Although independent ability is essential, effectiveness in a work-team setting is the norm.
- Proven technical skills and excellent written and verbal communication abilities are essential.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with cell culture and be knowledgeable in proper sterile technique.
- Extensive polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Taqman experience is a necessity Experiene with ddPCR is a plus.
- Experience with genome editing technology via CRISPR or Embryonic stem cell are significant pluses.
- Familiarity with Excel and other computer programs is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional organizational and time management skills are required.
- A BS degree with 4-6 years of experience and training in the area of Molecular Biology.