Research Associate II
640 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Our group is responsible for designing and implementing biomarker assays for programs in clinical development in immunology, immuno-oncology, hematological oncology, and other new therapeutic areas.
- The successful candidate will join our dynamic team and provide technical oversight and project management of a unique clinical biomarker study investigating immune phenotypes in blood and cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) treated with B cell depleting therapy.
- This study involves local flow cytometry testing in +20 global academic and clinical sites.
- The responsibilities of this position include: 1) tracking and shipping critical reagents, 2) virtual training of lab staff on flow cytometry methods, 3) liaison between labs and biomarker team, 3) technical analysis and monitoring of clinical biomarker data.
- The desired candidate will have a solid understanding of immunology; demonstrate strong expertise in immunological cell subsets such as effector and regulatory T, B, and/or monocyte subsets.
- Attention to detail, good communication, and collaboration skills will be essential to excel in this position.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal skills, team-oriented, dependable, and self-starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- Able to apply analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of assay data and assay performance.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Experience preferably in a clinical trial biomarker.
- BA/BS/MS or equivalent experience.