Thousand Oaks, California | Contract
Project Management role supporting internal and external publication stakeholders with a primary focus on ensuring the successful planning, management, and execution of each publication review process through the company’ s electronic tracking program.
- Manage the electronic review/tracking processes for publication development across multiple internal departments to ensure adherence to internal SOPs.
- Activities include development of timelines based on client review process; preparation, retrieval, and distribution of documents for review and revision; collection and dissemination of updated core documents, client guidelines, and review schedules; maintenance of the project database, as needed.
- Interact with multiple stakeholders collaborating on each publication to develop and ensure adherence to processes and timelines.
- Active participation in frequent training calls to ensure alignment with most current interpretation of guidelines, resources, and scheduling.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS POSITION
- Organization – Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner
- Anticipation - Accurately explains and maintains/meets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules of tasks/peoples; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; reviews results with Sr Mgr Strategic Planning & Operations
- Process Management – Good at managing the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to schedule people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of less
- Client Focus - Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first-hand client information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge, skills, and creativity to do the job at an extremely high level of accomplishment
- Integrity – Acts in a manner consistent with serving team members and key stakeholders with a diplomatic communication style
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
4 year post secondary education, or equivalent experience
Bachelor’ s degree; degree in Science, English or communications preferred
2+ years project management experience
Publication review, publication support, or editorial process experience preferred
Experience publishing or presenting clinical or preclinical data at a congress or trade show
- Demonstrated experience with database management, data entry and quality control
- Experience with publication and Pub Med searches a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as part of a team
- High proficiency in the use of MS Office
- Excel formulas and pivot
- Word tables and formatting
- PowerPoint slide deck creation