Thousand Oaks, California | Contract
The Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Project Manager will play a critical role in helping to operationalize and advance the companies recently established Health Technology Assessment Center. They will bring their project management (PM) expertise, working under the direction of the HTA Center Leads to support access and reimbursement deliverables, including related process improvement initiatives, core competency expansion and metrics reporting. The role may also include direct support of national reimbursement submissions, payer engagement briefing documents, and global value dossiers (GVDs).
As the company expands into new markets and HTA proliferates worldwide, the number and complexity of these access and reimbursement submissions has grown substantially. As such, this candidate should be well experienced with basic PM principles and the ability to navigate in a complex matrix environment to ensure seamless integration into the HTA Center.
1. Apply PM principles and tools to internal HTA Center projects. Projects may include database management with core HTA content, generating key reports and metrics, supporting internal workstreams, SharePoint management etc.
2. Leverage internal working practices outside of GVA to support HTA Center processes.
3. Prepare metrics and reporting tools that document the progress of HTA Center and ongoing HTA Center activity.
4. Facilitate team meetings and key communications in accordance to established HTA Center processes.
5. Bring their energy, ideas, and passion to help embed the HTA Center into cross-functional teams.
6. Partner with stakeholder functions and vendors (e.g., writing, translations, modeling center) where needed to facilitate availability submission planning and execution.
Potential Expanded Responsibilities:
7. Interact and work closely with key regions/affiliates to support their country/regional specific HTA needs.
8. Partner with country affiliates to develop a work plan for the governance of submissions, briefing documents and/or GVDs.
9. Manage the timelines and governance process for key deliverables, including briefing documents, GVDs and submissions.
• Strong communication skills (written and spoken).
• PM experience with timelines, key communications, meeting facilitation, stakeholder management, risk management, and attention to detail.
• Strong experience with SharePoint, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Project, Outlook.
• Knowledge of the Commercialization process, teams, and working practices, or experience working in a complex matrix global environment in a large pharma/biotech company.
• Provide PM expertise to cross-functional teams, including goal setting, scheduling, facilitation, and team building • Drive the planning, formation and execution of timelines.
• Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making • Facilitate resolution of issues relating to project schedules, priorities & team dynamics • Communicate, document, and archive project team activities and decisions • Partner with initiative leaders to ensure effective and timely completion of deliverables and to ensure the team achieves and maintains a high level of sustainable performance • Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes • Proactively identify and manage risks
• Proficient with PM practices, tools, and methodology with specific experience in drug development and/or commercialization a plus.
• Prior experience working in a scientific or technical environment • Excellent communication skills, both written & oral • Well organized and efficient, with strong attention to detail • Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated • Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with customers and key stakeholders, good conflict management skills.
• Strong record of managing multiple stakeholders, & a desire to deliver service excellence • High degree of flexibility, adapting to the organization' s priorities • Strong team facilitation skills • Ability to function effectively with limited direction • Ability to translate strategy into action • Strong proficiency with standard office software (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint) • Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
• Minimum BS or BA degree (scientific or technical field preferred) plus project management experience • 5 years' experience in applying PM principles and processes