South San Francisco, California | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
Duties: Grants Administration
- Manage all philanthropic grant-related activities from initial inquiry to grant closure, payments and post-award monitoring.
- Develop a good working understanding of programmatic goals and giving strategies in order to identify grants that will fit with funding priorities.
- Provide customer support for internal/external inquiries.
- Support the routing and tracking of applications to appropriate decisionmakers.
- Collaborate with site-giving teams on reviewing local grant applications.
- Assist with the maintenance of and enhancements to Salesforce-based grants management software.
- Support custom reporting needs on grants and budgets.
- Participate in the general administrative responsibilities related to the programs and operations of Genentech Corporate Giving.
- Coordinate and participate in corporate giving projects as needed or requested.
Skills: Required Background and Skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce platform required
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- High ethical standards – experience with following guidelines/policies
- Attention to detail and high degree of personal organization
- Ability to problem solve and exercise good judgment
- Ability to work in a team approach to get things done
- Proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with philanthropy/ non-profit sector is optional but preferred