Project Coordinator I
South San Francisco, California | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
1. Project Support
- Works toward developing project expertise.
- May act as a project manager for smaller-scale, less complex projects
- Supports team in developing detailed project plans, including objectives, deliverables, scope, timing, milestones, roles and responsibilities as well as, where applicable, project budgets
- Helps obtain the required project resources. Including scheduling key meetings and reviews, preparing analyses and presentations, etc.
- Assists with on-boarding project team members and others involved Works with team to ensure an effective and efficient implementation, maintenance and system feedback loop
2. Business Process Operations/Administration
- Supports design, implementation, and improvement of business processes across designated areas of responsibility and critically review current processes for effectiveness, quality and simplification
- Supports development of relevant guiding principles, maintain the current-state business process documentation and develop target future-state process models
- Supports the development and management of tools, templates, style guides and procedural documents, including process maps, and working documents to support the tactical application of business processes as required. This includes writing, copy editing and proofreading these documents.
- Must be able to take content from multiple authors and consolidate into one consistent voice.
- Supports the assessment that appropriate documentation and controlled document requirements are identified and integrated in process maps (business requirements)
- Supports continuous process improvement through ongoing observation, monitoring and evaluation. This includes generating, tracking, and compiling KPI reports for analysis by BPMs.
- Supports Business Process Manager (BPM) work, including QC and sanity-checking of business process maps and business process documentation created by BPMs.
- Schedules and coordinates project meetings, workshops and departmental meetings
- Coordinates, develops, disseminates and manages meeting agendas, action/decision logs and meeting minutes
- Tracks, manages and communicates action item status and completion with others
- Regularly consults with team, cross-functional partners, management and other stakeholders to remain abreast of relevant business, project or other developments as well as keep others apprised of project status
- As needed, develops and distributes project presentations and other materials/information
- Completes other routine and ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Responsible to keep all internal customers, partners and stakeholders abreast of progress and interim updates. Does so by following prescribed departmental procedures, practices and protocols and by using standardized reporting and communications tools/templates and other resources
- Completes other special projects, as and when assigned, or otherwise requested
- Participates in routine and ad hoc departmental and or vendor meetings and other business reviews or meetings to remain, at all times, fully abreast and apprised of evolving business needs and requirements.
- Expected to share best practices within the department and cross-functionally, identify and communicate ongoing opportunities for continuous improvement, systems and operational excellence
- Consistently complies with all governing laws, regulations, Roche SOPs and other guidelines
- Project management and/or oversight of small project experience and applying project management principles is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to organize and work with large amounts of data
- Demonstrated skills with Visio/OmniGraffle, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to facilitate small group feedback sessions Understanding of document management/change control lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new concepts
- Detail-oriented, including demonstrated ability to copy edit /proofread
- Having an understanding of graphic design/layout and the visualization of data Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of, and/or training in, regulatory and system compliance is preferred Understanding of, or aptitude to learn, international regulations, processes and issues in drug development.
- Includes understanding of, or aptitude to learn, GxP (Good Practices for quality guidelines and practices in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry), GCP (Good Clinical Practice), ICH (International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use), and related systems that support clinical trials and clinical operations processes
- Knowledge of clinical, non-clinical and/or benchmarking information systems is strongly preferred Project management and process improvement aptitude.
- Some knowledge of best practice project management and operational excellence methodologies and tools, such as value stream mapping, business process redesign, Six Sigma, LEAN, modeling and simulation, cycle time reduction, is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) Fluent English and other language skills as needed
- College degree