Lab Tech I
Pleasanton, California | Contract
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
- Seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual for the role of Laboratory Technician on the Research Team.
- The individual will support the Research and Development teams by preparing media and other materials necessary for routine Biosafety Level 2 (BSL2) microbiological and molecular biology work, routine lab equipment maintenance, and accessioning and maintenance of organism frozen stocks.
- Tasks will include both ongoing preparations of common stock items as well as fulfillment of special requests from team members.
- Preparation of antibiotic stock solutions
- Preparation of various buffers (e.g. TAE)
- Agarose gel preparations
- Preparation of agar plates
- Class II biosafety cabinet cleaning/decontamination
- Ongoing microorganism accessioning and frozen stock preparation
- Microorganism culture
- Microbiological, biochemical, and molecular characterization of microorganisms
- Performing tasks following official Work Instructions
- Support all quality and safety initiatives of laboratories
- Experience in industry microbiology laboratory setting
- BSL2 microbiology Lab Safety training
- B.S. in biology (microbiology or molecular biology) preferred
- Team work experience
- Self-motivated & energetic
- Passionate about science and healthcare