Exception - Sr Designer
Thousand Oaks, California | Contract
The Global Marketing Customer Experience (CX) Sr. Designer provides support to the all members of the CX team on projects both internally and with external vendors.
Design support provided by this role includes:
- Participating in ideation sessions, gathering reference examples, synthesizing ideas, communicating to internal partners.
- Completing production tasks like building slides, sketching, 3d modeling and/or visual design.
- Completing independent projects like researching new technologies, completing due diligence on design ideas, finding existing examples.
- Creating early drafts of work for the CX team to respond to.
- Synthesizing feedback from various partners and communicating it to the team.
- Follow-up on project issues with design directors(s) to assist in the development of solutions.
- Following through on action items generated from project team meetings.
- Performing special projects as requested by supervisor.
- Skilled both in design software and business software platforms.
- BS or BA degree in visual design, UX, or Media Design
- 4 plus years of direct experience as a designer in a studio environment.
- Experience designing for users.
- Skilled in handling multiple responsibilities, competing priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- 2 + years experience in the healthcare, biotech, or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in product development or design strategy.
- Experience with user research and designing from insights.
- Skilled at idea generation, sketching, and iterative design.
- Perform well in a team matrix environment and be adept at working under time deadlines. Must be a team player, self-starter, strategic thinker, persistent, tactful, and persuasive.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Good organizational and analytical skills. Detail-oriented & accurate.
- Ability to assume increasing levels of responsibility