One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
This person will be responsible to provide support for image data processing and computer modeling projects within the Digital Integration & Predictive Technologies (DIPT) organization in Process Development. The position will be based in Thousand Oaks, CA. Support will include applying image process techniques to commercial software and if required develop custom software to interpret data and analyzing imaging and process analytics results. The successful candidate will be an expert in deploying computer modeling and image processing algorithms including but not limited to traditional neural network, deep neural network and machine learning. The candidate should also be familiar with current imaging hardware including microscopy. A strong understanding of statistics is a must. The responsibilities may also include performing laboratory experiments including unit operations set up, calibration of various lab tools, sampling and data acquisition from primary or secondary data sources with minimal supervision.
• Master’ s degree
• Bachelor’ s degree & 4 years of directly related experience
• Associate’ s degree & 8 years of directly related experience
• PhD., M.Sc., B.Sc., in Chemical, Biochemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with expertise in bio/pharmaceutical processes.
• Practical experience image processing and computer modeling
• Experience in working with Raman spectroscopy and building chemometric models
• Practical experience and interest in multivariate data analysis and predictive modeling
• Experience working with large data sets, data mining and machine learning tools.
• Experience in Python or Matlab or R Programming Languages and basic Microsoft tools.
• Understanding of biopharmaceuticals process, related unit operations including analytical methods and process controls.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments, and skilled in communication, facilitation, and collaboration.
• Team player, prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making
• Solid leadership, technical writing, and communication/presentation skills.