Customer Service Specialist
South San Francisco, California | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Provide full time phone coverage, handles numerous daily tasks, and special projects, including, order entry, product returns, billing inquiries, setting up new accounts, tracking orders, and other tasks as assigned.
- Investigate and resolve issues with sales data: Query database using SQL, analyze sales trends, work with internal team to understand data and develop possible solutions, contact and manage data vendor for resolution, make updates through interface, maintain issue tracking log, communicate with customer and internal teams, resolve issues on tight time lines.
- The candidate must possess excellent customer service skills; exhibit a high degree of initiative, the ability to exercise judgment and discretion of confidential and sensitive information, possess strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, excellent organization abilities, high attention to detail, be able to work independently and as part of a team, as well as the ability to operate in a multitasking environment with strict timelines.
- Strong knowledge of PC applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook is required.
- Database experience: Moderate SQL skills, TOAD experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Sales Data Analysis/Troubleshooting/Pharma/Healthcare background preferred.
- Time Management skills.
- Detail-oriented, creative problem solver.
- Ability to quickly learn subject matter.
- Background in healthcare industry, three years of business experience and a BA/BS or equivalent preferred.