Clinical Supply Chain Specialist
Thousand Oaks, California | Contract
Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
- Demand and/or supply planning
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, forecasting or supply planning systems – SAP a plus)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, Strong communication skills (verbal/written)
Details: Under minimal supervision, manage demand and supply of Phase 1 and Phase 2 Clinical Programs. The position requires project management skills including time line generation, action tracking, meeting facilitation, effective communication skills and good documentation practices. Responsibilities will include gathering demand requirements and driving production of Clinical Investigational products, as well as tracking usage and inventory. Ability to communicate across a wide range of staff levels. Develop effective relationships with partners in the supply chain.
Responsibilities include: Translate Clinical Development study requirements into an actionable supply plan. Coordinate labeling, packaging, and shipment of packed supplies. Create and provide multiple planning scenarios based on various combinations of inputs and variables, as required. Lead forecasting meetings with key stakeholder to ensure the adequacy of supply/re-supply and negotiate resolution of resource conflicts where necessary. Assess issues with regards to study design, supply availability, and timelines. Promptly identify and escalate risks to study supply to all key stakeholders and internal management. Strategize with study managers and review study protocols to determine appropriate packaging configurations, blinding techniques, and optimal distribution plans. Actively participate in planning meetings to ensure that program needs, priorities, and timing are understood. Serve as the primary interface with Clinical Development, Quality, Biostatistics, Regulatory Affairs, and Clinical Packaging organization to ensure coordination of all activities necessary to fulfill the supply plan. Provide input to matrix teams on timing, resourcing, and budget projections. Determine distribution strategies for global studies. Articulate clinical supply chain management processes and strategies to key stakeholders. Review and update existing procedures and SOPs; identify the need for and assist in the establishment of new procedures and SOPs.
- biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry strongly desired;
- familiarity with import/export requirements in a global setting is a plus;
- solid demand/supply planning experience, project management, negotiation and facilitation skills;
- sound judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills; ability to handle multiple responsibilities and priorities simultaneously in a fluid environment with time pressures;
- strong verbal and written communication skills;
- effective influencing and leadership skills;
- ability to operate in a team or matrixed environment;
- proficient in MS-Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook); proficiency in SAP a plus.