One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, California 91320 | Contract
Responsible for managing sourcing processes focused on Information Systems and Technology categories that may include Hardware, Software, Telecommunications, and IT Services (Managed Service Providers). In addition, candidate will also support the development and implementation of sourcing and category management strategies across all Amgen sites globally.
- Conducting industry analysis to identify industry providers, leading players, and specific industry characteristics
- Conducting client requirement analysis to understand clients' procurement needs, influencing suppliers and stimulating innovation, helping with process improvement and cost management, developing a comprehensive category strategy based on customer and industry analyses and developing contracts with new suppliers or renegotiating existing contracts
- Leading the contract negotiation process and achieving best value for company by:
- Leading the appropriate sourcing process for new and existing business requirements,
- Defining and executing the sourcing strategy and subsequent contract management, and
- Leading the contract implementation and the identification of opportunities for expanded supplier relationships to enhance the business partnerships.
- Sourcing/procurement experience, IT/IS experience; financial analysis
- Excellent communication skills; project management, and the ability to work with and lead a team